Don't forget we are also on twitter

Follow us for news from library staff.
http://www.twitter.com/wingecarribee

Monday, September 8, 2008

Something borrowed by Emily Giffin

I think this is a book that people will either love or hate. When I first read the description of this book, I was put off; I could never like the story of a girl that steals her best friend's fiancé. But Giffin does a fantastic job at seeing the “other side of the story”.
Rachel and Darcy have been friends since primary school, but their friendship is based on Darcy always being better than Rachel. On the night of Rachel’s 30th birthday, too much alcohol leads to Rachel sleeping with Darcy’s fiancé Dex, a guy that Rachel went to law school with. Rachel wakes up horrified, determined to put it behind her, unfortunately throughout the course of the novel discovers her feelings for Dex are real.
I definitely recommend this book, its chick lit with depth! The characters are flawed, real people who you can relate to. Like them or hate them the characters make you feel real feelings.
Bec

1 comment:

Saumya said...

I agree completely about this book being chick lit with depth! I love all of Emily Giffin's books!

Blog Archive