Don't forget we are also on twitter

Follow us for news from library staff.
http://www.twitter.com/wingecarribee

Monday, September 15, 2008

Brida by Paul Coehlo

As a non-spiritualist person, I must say I did enjoy this book in a non-relative way. This story starts off in August, with a setting of a 1983 Ireland, the end of summer and the beginning of autumn.
The story unfolds around a young lady named Brida. Her quest is to find her soul mate “...knowing that [he] would come one day...”through the understanding of the tradition of the moon, and the tradition of the sun.
Her journey leads to two important people, The Magus and Wicca. The Magus is a mysterious person who lives in the forest by himself while Wicca is a woman of such extensive knowledge and mystery. Collectivity, these two important characters give great guidance to a naive Brida.
From the author of ‘The Alchemist”, Coelho makes a wonderful description of how a what-could-be real person experiences throughout her spiritual path. However, there are so many more twists and turns to this novel which wants me to tell you but I must prevent myself from doing so. I highly recommend “Brida” to anyone and in hoping that you do, I anticipate that you enjoy it as much as I have!!
Sara

No comments:

Blog Archive