Don't forget we are also on twitter

Follow us for news from library staff.
http://www.twitter.com/wingecarribee

Thursday, July 3, 2008

The memory keeper's daugter by Kim Edwards

This is one of the best books that I have read. It kept me interested right from the start and I found the storyline very realistic.
The story begins in 1964, and on one fateful night Dr David Henry makes a split-second decision that will impact upon the rest of his life.
Dr Henry’s wife goes into labor and he delivers his own twins, however he becomes distraught when he realises that one of his children is born with Down syndrome.
The decision to tell his wife that the child was stillborn and ask his nurse to take the baby away to an institution will have consequences that will change numerous lives forever.
This book makes you think about many different things, especially about the consequences of your actions and how secrets can have a devastating impact on the ones you love.
I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed ‘My Sisters Keeper’ by Jodi Picoult.
Kim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I AGREE, THIS IS A GREAT BOOK

Blog Archive