Don't forget we are also on twitter

Follow us for news from library staff.
http://www.twitter.com/wingecarribee

Monday, April 30, 2012

Building paradise by David MacFarlane

“Early one morning I set off to explore the island. I climb the steep hillside behind the cabins, which rises about 300metres above the bay and is scattered with deep gullies, rock pools, and wet-season waterfalls. There are dozens of different ferns, vines, and rainforest trees searching for daylight under a dense canopy of wild shapes.
It’s a tough climb, but the ground eventually levels off, so I must be near the top of the hill. I get only occasional glimpses of sea or sky through the cluttered forest.

I sit on a smooth rock-shelf for ages. I’m thinking it’s quite possible that I’ve just been walking on land that no human has ever touched….”

How, what, where, when or with whom will you Escape into May?
Visit your library for inspiration, temptation and exhilaration!

No comments: