Don't forget we are also on twitter

Follow us for news from library staff.
http://www.twitter.com/wingecarribee

Monday, February 2, 2009

Dear Fatty by Dawn French

This autobiography by Dawn French is written in the form of a series of letters. The letters are mostly written to her family and friends. Many are addressed to her Dad, who died when she was 19, her Mum, her Brother, her Husband and Daughter, her B.F (Best Friend) and to Dear Fatty, who I think is Jennifer Saunders.
I say I think Dear Fatty is Jennifer Saunders because throughout the book I was confused a number of times as to whether Saunders was the B.F or Dear Fatty. At the end of the book Dawn French thanks a number of people, she includes the B.F but not Jennifer Saunders, who has been such a huge and substantial part of her life.
Anyway, I think true Dawn French fans will like this book, I had some laugh out loud moments, some teary moments and it provided a lot of insightful information about Dawn French that I did not know. I also found some of the book a bit silly, such as her letters to Madonna. All in all I can recommend it is a good read if you’re looking for something a bit different.
Cathy.

No comments: